Sorrel Drink (non-alcoholic version)
This drink is actually an infusion of sorrel flowers.
- 2 pounds sorrel
- 1 ounce ginger
- 1 piece dried orange peel
- 6 whole cloves
- 12 cups boiling water
- 2 cups brown sugar
- A few grains of rice
Wash sorrel, crush or grate ginger.
- Place sorrel, ginger, orange peel and cloves in a stainless steel container.
- Pour on boiling water, cover and leave to infuse for 24 hours. Strain, add brown sugar, and mix well. (Brown sugar can be substituted by a natural sweetener)
- Pour into bottles adding a few grains of rice to each bottle.
- NOTE: Allow to remain for at least one day. Serve chilled.
There are many ways to guard your system before an attack on the immune system. This is just one of them. The inner parts of the Aloe is broken down and do reach the bloodstream. Sounds too simple? No ONE method will always do the trick. Start by eating healthy and staying away from junk food.
Whenever I want a simple cleanse that will also take care of possible viruses that may be lurking within, I blend up a colon cleanse that I’ve relied on for years, taught to me while living in Jamaica over 15 years ago. This always leaves me feeling less bloated and rejuvenated as a whole. It is also great for those with irregular bowels. However, this also a great colon cleanse even if constipation is not an issue. Aloe is a well known healing plant that naturally attacks viruses.
- Blend appropriately 8 ounces of squeezed grapefruits with Aloe. You will cut all of the aloe’s spikes off along the outside edges (This is very important).
- Cross-cut the aloe about 1-2 inches, leaving the aloe skin intact. Cut this into cubes and blend with the squeezed grapefruit juice until it’s partially dissolved. Mixture will be a little lumpy due to the aloe skin.
- Pour in a glass and drink. The grapefruit juice definitely cut down on the bitter taste.
- This drink can be consumed every 3 days for one month. You’re sure to feel a great different.
Disclaimer: Talk to your doctor if you have bowel intolerance or any medical condition that may limit your consumption of certain fibers. As with any dietary changes, consult your medical doctor’s advice.
Your content goes here. Edit or remove this text inline or in the module Content settings. You can also style every aspect of this content in the module Design settings and even apply custom CSS to this text in the module Advanced settings.
(My personal recipe)
- Ginger 1lb
- 8 cups of water
- 2-3 cups of brown sugar or natural sweetener squeeze 8 lime
- cinnamon sticks
- 5-6 pimento
- Shred ginger and add to water along with lime juice and cinnamon sticks.
- Bring to boil, add pimento and let soak for 24hr.
- Squeeze into cheese cloth to strain.
- Add apple cider to taste.
- Dilute as desired.
Morning ginger tea is always a delight.
Two different concoctions for the cold season and beyond. The mixture on the left consist of 1 cup of raw unfiltered honey, 1 cup of unfiltered apple cider vinegar, 8 cloves of garlic. Blend together and put in a jar for 5 days before usage. Take 1 teaspoon in tea or hot water as an immune support. The mixture on the right consist of 3 organic lemons cut in cubes, 1 cup of raw unfiltered honey, and 1 bunch of ginger cut in pieces. Mix together and store in a jaw. Use 1 tablespoon in hot water to soothe your throat. The longer these mixtures are stored, the stronger they become.